Saturday, April 26, 2014

Neck and Back do not Snap Crackle and Pop as it warms up this year and every year with Hemiparesis

Waking up today  as  others with hemiparesis , I have to sit up on the side of the bed for a little while before I try to get out of bed. Well this morning  springtime here in the southeast, my back and neck were much easier to move. There was much less resistance when I twisted getting up and pushing off the bed with my better arm. I moved my neck side to side and wow what a difference. Back in February when temperatures outside were less than freezing, my neck would 'crackle and pop' when I tried to move it side to side. I could hardly do this and then when I put weight on my legs y back would be in pain  very sensitive to walk and limited movement. As I stretched in morning as my own Dr. suggested leaning up against a close wall before I tried to step forward, things loosened up and moved easier.

Well today most of that discomfort is gone. This happens to different degrees every year as we get away from winter weather and it warms up. For me it needs to be 70+ outside for several days as leat. We are in the upper 70s the last few days and even went over 80F yesterday.
It feels So Good not to feel the pain I did in February below freezing. I am better rested at night and have more energy daily.

This will continue as the summer gets here and I  look forward to the days when I can move my neck side to side easily. (The head and neck area is where I was shot back in my early twenties and now decades later  I have picked up many 'techniques' to ease movement, increase safety and minimize painful times. I understand it is difficult for major moves for many but a move to a warmer climate turned out to be such a blessing after living in the snowbelt until I turned 30. The ice can be fatal if not prepared. I had to travel in the winter in a wheelchair up North at times because of safety but here in South it is so much better especially this time of year, spring, summer and later in the year fall.

I don't like to use that word ... fall ...)

I wanted to mention that for us who hae had an injury to back or head or hemiparesis heating pads in lower back region can be great help too. However, heating pads can get very hot if left on long times.
There are low heat pads that are great for putting on a chair or even in bed that stay on up to 8
HRs . These can be used during sleep and I use them in winter and can attest to feeling so much better in the morning and throughout day until getting tired of course later.
At this writing, they were available at QVC.com where
I got mine.

I'll look up page... long link but if you have trouble with link
just go to qvc.com and search these words

heat pad low level heat

or try this link

http://www.qvc.com/Sunbeam-Slumberheat-Low-Level-Heat-10-Hr.-Shutoff-Warming-Pad-Search-Results.product.V32335.html?sc=V32335-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-V32335&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/v/35/v32335.001?$uslarge$



Cheers

LE

You can receive free the full Free Special Report for Head Injury Victims and Caretakers which Reveals MUST KNOW patient and caregiver Resources, potential symptoms, behavioral and emotional consequences, steps in rehabilitation, creating a beneficial home environment, brain injury medications, long-term outlook, and more..
[Click Here - a new window will open]

Help for Head Injured or People with Hemiparesis and help for Life After Trauma, Brain Injury, Stroke or Spinal Cord Injuries and for Caretakers at my Hemiparesis website.

Head Injury Talk is a website that is updated daily with Head injury news and rehab videos from the web plus discussion groups and best of blogs

Get a Free Healthy Brain Nutrition Report , FREE Retrain Your Brain with brainwave entrainment pdf and Subconscious Mind MP3s, with OPtimize Brain Power 5 Day Ecourse, Articles and excerpts from my IQ Mind Brain Personal Success Library plus Stay Alerted To New Website Articles, Updates & Breakthroughs all Free at http://www.IQMindBranLibrary.com

You may also be interested in other articles and posts: Tips for Living Alone After Head Injury with Hemiparesis and Avoiding Falls and Injuries Brain Games and Improving Brain Function Safety Shoes at Work for Hemiparesis    

P.S. For Peace, Visit http://www.medjugorje.org/

No comments: